Baptisms for Non-Parishioners
Baptisms are held on Saturday mornings at 9am or on Sunday afternoons at 1:45pm.
Please call Bea Bailey at 210-227-0126 ext. 210 to make arrangements.
It is preferred that you baptized your baby or child at the Church that you are registered in or at the Church that is within your boundary (neighborhood).
However, if you are not a parishioner at St. Joseph and still want to baptized your baby or child here, you must meet the following criteria:
For the Parents of the Baby or Child
- A Letter of Permission is needed from your church, where the Pastor gives you permission to baptized outside your church.
- You must enroll in a Baptism Class at your church and then present the certificate.
For the God parents
- God parents MUST be a married couple, who were married in a Catholic Church by a priest. A copy of the Marriage Certificate must be submitted.
- They must be 18 years old or older
- They must have all of their sacraments (Baptism, Eucharist, Confirmation) A copy of their Confirmation Certificate is all that is required to submit.
- A Letter of Permission is needed from their home parish, if they are not from St. Joseph.
- They will need to enroll in a Baptism Class in their home parish and then present the certificate.
- Two individual, who are not married, such as a brother and sister, two cousins (must be a male and female) can be God parents, but they must have all of their sacraments. A copy of their Confirmation Certificate is required to submit. A Letter of Permission is required for each of them.
- If two individuals are married but not to each other, such as a brother and sister, each one of them must be married in a catholic church by a priest. A copy of their Marriage Certificate is required, along with the Confirmation Certificate.